I love this time of year! The days are full of sun and warmth and our nights are crisp and cool. At home, we are spending all our time outside and almost without noticing it, we have transitioned into cooking some of our favourite autumn dishes.
We handed this recipe out to customers who visited our Weddin Farms market stall at The Breakfast Table 'pop-up' breakfast and markets held recently in Grenfell.
Tomato and Chickpea Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped (or 2 for a spicier taste)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary, whole
- 2 tins of tomatoes (or the equivalent of fresh tomatoes if you have them available)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked Weddin Farms chickpeas
- 2 slices of slightly stale crusty bread
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add finely chopped chilli, crushed garlic and rosemary sprigs. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and chickpeas.
- Cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Remove crusts from bread and stir bread and parmesan into the soup.
Serve topped with freshly steamed spinach.
Category: RecipesNo Comments